Timespan: January, 2005 – March, 2007
Donor: European Commission Programme “Interreg Transadriatic”
Applicant: Friuli Venezia-Giulia Region
Partners: Region Puglia (Italy); Association of local Democracy Agencies – ALDA (France)
Project MAHLDENET, led by the Italian region Friuli Venezia-Giulia, promoted interaction between economic and social actors. The intention is to contribute to the construction of a Europe of citizens through actions for the territorial integration development, institutional building in Balkan countries, improvement of existing network and infrastructures.
The MAHLDENET project was aimed to strengthen the institutional cooperation and the cooperation between political, economic and social actors involved in actions of the local democracy development in the trans-border area of the Adriatic Sea.
Activities implemented by LDA Mostar and activities LDA Mostar took part in:
- Study Seminar “Building a Europe of citizens”, Bari-Italy, November 17, 2005. Participated by the Delegate of LDA Mostara Mr. Tommsao Vaccarezza, two representatives of the City of Mostar Ms. Azra Batlak and Mr. Predrag Šupljeglav and the Minister of the Cantonal Ministry of Justice and administration Mr. Mumin Isić.
- Focus group on “one stop shop for productive activities ”, Sarajevo-BiH. December 16, 2005. Participated by the Delegate of LDA Mostar Mr. Tommsao Vaccarezza, Director of the Association LINK Ms. Amela Bećirević, supervisor of the Busines service center Mr. Hans Garbe and representative of the Economic Department of Municipality Ms. Mirna Trčalo.
- Study Visit to Region Emilia Romagna, Italia, 27 – 31 March, 2006. As a follow-up of the focus group organized in Sarajevo in December 2005, Ms Mirna Trčalo representative of the Economic Department of Municipality visited the Region Emilia Romagna.
- Study visit of the local entrepreneurs to Region Puglia, 19 – 20 April, 2006. Ten entrepreneurs from the region of Mostar visited the entrepreneurs from the Region Puglia in Italy.
- Study visit of the high school professors from Mostar to the Region Puglia, Bari-Italia, 16. – 17. November 2006. Nine high school professors participate in the seminar and conference.
- Presentation of the web site on territorial marketing, (www.balkansontheweb.net), 21 – 24 January 2007. as the follow-up of activities with Region Emilia Romagna on territorial marketing. Participated by the Delegate of LDA Mostar Mr. Tommaso Vaccarezza, representative of BSC of the City of Mostar Mr. Josip Jakovac, and one entrepreneur from Mostar.
- Final conference of MAHLDENET program, Bari – Italy, 19 – 20, March, 2007 in Bari – Italia. Delegate of LDA Mostar, together with representatives of the Cantonal Ministry of Justice and administration and Business Service Center of the City of Mostar participated.