Timespan: 2007 – 2008
Donor: EU Adriatic New Neighbourhood Programme INTERREG III a / CARDS-PHARE
Applicant: Municipality Monfalcone (Italy)
Partners in B&H: Municipality Neum, LDA Mostar
Description: The project is a systematic action, open to elements of great innovation and testing, in order to promote and support the tourist field by cooperation and valorisation of the offer and by elaboration of a local development model for innovative initiatives in the cross-Adriatic area, starting from the seaways which crossed this sea.
General Objective: The Adriatic Seaways project aims to promote the creation of a model of integrated tourist development and to support the conservation of cultural patrimony of the interested territory, by matching initiatives of animation and tourist promotion of involved municipalities, starting with the study
and valorisation of the cultural patrimony in common, derived from the history of connecting seaways.
Part of the project implemented on BiH territory is focused on Neum Municipality. With the main objective to support tourism development at the cost area of B&H, the project:
- improves the infrastructural capacities of the City of Neum by the construction of the sea promenade
- includes preparation of a SWOT analysis for the Herzegovina Region
- creates integrated tourist packages between Italy and the Herzegovina Region
- includes training for tourism stakeholders of HN Canton in Mostar
- includes an exchange of best practices between Italian and Local tourist stakeholders in Mostar
Activities implemented in 2008:
- 22.01.2008. LDA Mostar, with the support of the City of Mostar and Cantonal Tourist Community, organized a Round table “Opportunities and threats for tourism development in HNC” involving all stakeholders in tourism from the region.
- 20.02.2008. LDA Mostar, with the support of Neum Municipality and Italian project partners, organized
the Training “Tourism as resource and as market”. The trainer, Mr. Alberto Pogorelz, Senior Expert of the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs delivered the training to the representatives of the Cantonal Ministry of Tourism, Cantonal Tourist Community and Municipality of Mostar.
- 21.02.2008. LDA Mostar, with the support of Neum Municipality and Italian project partners, organized
“Exchange of best practices in tourism between Italian and Bosnian Partners” The participants were the
stakeholders in tourism sector: Cantonal ministry, Cantonal Tourist Community, Municipality of Mostar as well as representatives of tourist agencies, hotels and restaurant owners.
- 07.-08.05.2008. Bari, Italy, Conference on the promotion of the integrated tourist packages of Herzegovina and Puglia regions. LDA Mostar representative participated together with the representative of the Tourist Community of Herzegovina – Neretva Canton of BH
- 19.08.2008. Neum, Final conference organized by Neum Muicipality in order to gather the project’s results and launch a platform for future joint activities. The representatives of the Federal Ministry for Tourism and Environment, Tourist Community of HNC, Municipality Ploce, LDA Mostar as well as representatives of international partner organizations such as Italian Municipality San Benedetto del Tronto, INFORMEST, and representatives of Istria Universities were present at the Conference. Numerous useful information related to tourist capacity and potential of the Herzegovina were set up during the conference.