Timespan: April 2018- April 2021
Donor: European Commission (IPA Civil Society Facility and Media Programme 2016-2017 / Consolidating Regional Thematic Networks of Civil Society Organizations)
Applicant: Center for Democracy Foundation (Belgrade / Serbia)
Partners: The Association of Local Democracy Agencies (ALDA); ALDA Skopje; Local Democracy Agency Subotica; Local Democracy Agency Montenegro; Local Democracy Agency Mostar; Local Democracy Agency Prijedor; Local Democracy Agency of Kosovo; Local Democracy Agency for Central and Southern Serbia; Local Democracy Agency Zavidovici; Local Democracy Agency Albania; CRTA; Youth Act Albania; SODEM Turkey.
The aim of this project is to help enhance CSOs participation in policy design and in monitoring the process of EU integration in the Western Balkans and to engage youth to participate more actively in this process. This project addresses the main issues which represent key challenges for WB countries: the issues of rule of law, fundamental rights and economic and social issues where employment is priority concern for the citizens
Empowered CSOs, particularly the youth organizations, in WB and Turkey, to more effectively participate in reforms relative to the EU accession negotiation process, to dialogue with governments and influence policy through consolidating platforms for regional cooperation, fostering participative culture and promoting active citizenship, accountability of government to citizens and society and nurturing common European identity.
1. Strengthened capacity of CSOs, incl. youth organizations, to monitor policies, engage in evidence based advocacy through structured civil dialogue, focusing on good governance relative for the rule of law, economic governance, employment and social reform.
2. Increase the level of youth participation in structured civil dialogue and in other innovative mechanisms for influencing policy and decision making and implementation of reforms.
3. Widen the impact of CSOs social campaigning and advocacy on local/national level through expanded CSOs cooperation and exchange, coalitions and networking on regional and European level.
4. Consolidate the Balkan Network for Local Democracy as a regional cooperation/consultation platform engaging CSOs, youth and LAs in WB and Turkey;
5. Improve innovative and youth friendly communication/outreach activities aimed to bring together stakeholders with transformative role in EU integration process and bring about positive change at the local level
The project is consisted of 6 work packages: Project Management, Capacity Building, Monitoring and Advocacy, Regional Networking and Exchange programme, Sub-granting programme and Public Campaign.
The first meeting of the Team will be organized in Montenegro (Podgorica), as a two-day event in the first year. The aim is to make the Project Management Team fully operational and to determine procedures.
Afterwards the Regional Thematic Network Forum will be organized in order to plan, monitor and evaluate local and regional activities and it will be held three times along the implementation period.
The Forum will meet as an introductory or follow-up event of the annual conference, which will be organized in Tirana, Novi Sad and Belgrade from the first till the third year so as to contribute to the content of the conference on the basis of up to date evaluation of activities on regional and local level.
In the project, as a part of the packages there is an activity, a sub-granting programme in order to support the young people and their ideas. The main objective of the fund for Local Youth initiatives is improvement and development of participatory youth policies and local democracy in communities of Western Balkans through support to youth initiatives fostering active citizenship and participation of young people at the local level.
As a part of the project there will be organized training and study visits, workshops and summer schools. This project is focused on involving the young people in the decision making process and raising awareness about their necessity and importance for the society.
Local level Activities:
Regional level Activities:
Official website: www.alda-balkan-youth.eu/Youth-Compact