Timespan: 01/12/2017 – 30/11/2019
Donor: European Commission (Erasmus + program – Capacity Building Youth – Western Balkans)
Applicant: Local Democracy Agency Mostar (LDA Mostar)
Partners: LDA Zavidovici (Bosnia and Herzegovina), LDA Knjazevac (Serbia), LDA Niksic (Montenegro), ALDA Skopje (North Macedonia), United Societies of Balkans Astik Etairia (Greece), Genista Research Foundation (Malta), Association for the development of voluntary work Novo Mesto (Slovenia), Rede Portuguesa de Jovens para Igualdade de Oportunidades entre Mulheres e Homens (Portugal), LDA Kosovo (*Kosovo) Fundacion Privada Indera (Spain), Consorzio Comunita ‘Solidale Societa’ Cooperativa Consortile (Italy)
Objective: The project aims to promote volunteering among young people and organizations dealing with youth issues. To promote the Erasmus + program as a stimulus for volunteering, and especially the European Solidarity Corps as a frame for volunteering in EU. To strengthen counselors for young people in their aspirations towards active participation (social / civil) of young people on European and local level.
The main activity of the project is the capacity building training for young volonteers and youth workers. The intention is to strengthen youth workers and young volunteers and to embed a high quality volunteer management in to their working, locally and internationally, and we will strengthen them to facilitate a quality competence management within their ESC projects.
The training project not only to include the volunteer management on the local base, but also with international volunteering.
We have embedded a clear competence management dimension in this training. Participants will be enabled to articulate competencies gained through volunteering, will be trained how to stimulate the learning during the service activities, and how to plan the learning process prior to the ESC and local volunteering activities, we will exchange about how to facilitate the learning and gained competencies during the volunteering, and last but not least also how to evaluate the learning during volunteering.
– training participants will be able to articulate competencies gained through volunteering,
– will be trained how to stimulate the learning during the service activities,
– will be able to plan the learning process prior to the ESC and local volunteering
– learn how to facilitate the learning and gained competencies during the
– learn how to evaluate the learning during volunteering
1. First activity – capacity building with the team and the surveys of the consortium which was organized from 23rd – 27th of March, 2019. During the meeting with the trainers, the focus was on further monitoring the integration of all expectations, needs, the participative approach and involvement of all participants. We have planned explicitly the capacity building aspect of over-viewing all volunteer systems of the partner organizations, into the programme, to integrate those into the second activity. The training course was also an example of good practice for the participants on developing an international project. We put the focus on the aspect of dealing with the teammatters within our project team. Besides the further development of the programme, also reflection and feedback into the team about our meeting and the cooperation was shared and the team strengthen its communication methods and improved its managing skills.
2. The second activity and the main project activity – International training ‘’Volunteer Management in Europe’s Youth sector’’ which took place from March 28th till April 2nd. The host of the event was project leader, LDA Mostar which hosted all together 29 young people from 11 different countries. The training was conducted by two experienced trainers who embedded into a clear competence management – dimension in this training. Participants were enabled to articulate competencies gained through volunteering, were trained on how to stimulate the learning during the service activities, and how to plan the learning process prior to the ESC and local volunteering activities. The exchange on how to facilitate the learning and gained competencies during the volunteering were also a crucial part of the training, and last but not least was how to evaluate the learning during volunteering.