Position: Finance officer (full time position)
Work base: Local Democracy Agency (LDA) Mostar, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Expecting date of the contract: July 2022
Duration of the contract: 1 year with 3 months’ probation period and possibility of extension
Background of LDA Mostar:
For the background, please click here.
The Finance officer works under the direct supervision of Director and it is primary responsible for payments, bookkeeping and petty cash, bank accounts maintenance and preparation of financial reports, regular communications with the responsible accounting agency, project budgeting and project financial reporting. S/he contributes to the efficient operations of the LDA Mostar system, in regards to the upholding the institutional and organizational excellence. All duties performed by the Finance officer must be in line with LDA Mostar internal legal framework.
- Regular daily bookkeeping
- Cash payments and bank wire transfers of financial disbursements
- Prepares regular cashier and bank accounts’ reports
- Oversees, maintains and updates financial files and ensure its safekeeping in line with internal procedures and the best accounting and bookkeeping standards;
- Maintains relations with the banking institutions in order to ensure smooth processing of all financial transfers;
- Regular communication with the responsible accounting agency in order to insure the financial management in accordance with applicable law and regulations
- Project budgeting under the supervision of Project drafting / fundraising manager
- Project financial reporting under the supervision of Project manager
- Prepares regular project budgets’ reports to ensure the proper and timely use of budgetary resources
- Prepares project’s payment requests to donors
- Prepares regular overall budgets’ reports
- Procurement procedures (PRAG procedure is an asset)
- Prepares overall financial planes and forecasts under the supervision of Director.
- Nationality of Bosnia and Herzegovina;
- University degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or other related field;
- Minimum of 3 years working experience obtained in last 7 years, in finance, accounting and bookkeeping with CSOs at national, regional or international level;
- Experience in EU and other international or national funded projects;
- Knowledge of budgeting, financial and accounting procedures;
- Advanced MS Excel skills;
- Experience and ability to work in intercultural environment;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills;
- Time management skills and ability to prioritize work;
- Excellent numerical skills;
- Strong ethics, with an ability to manage confidential data;
- Proficiency in English;
Gross salary within the probation period approx. 2.400.00 BAM (80% of total gross salary)
Interested and qualified candidates need to enclose following documents:
→ Motivation letter
→ CV (Europass CV format)
→ Scanned copy of higher education degree
→ at least one recommendation letter
Application letter, the Europass CV and the recommendation letter must be in English.
Applications can be submitted by e-mail only to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 15th of June 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified on the next selection steps.