GRANT OFFICER IN MOSTAR
Position: Grant officer / full-time position
Duration: 12 months with 3 months of probation period
Starting date: November, 2022
Ending date: October, 2023
Country Program: Bosnia and Herzegovina (BiH)
Line Manager: Project Manager
Please note this position is open for citizens of BiH or those with valid work permits.
About Local Democracy Agency Mostar (LDA Mostar):
The Local Democracy Agency of Mostar was established in 2004 within the Program of the Local Democracy Agencies of the Congress of Local and Regional Authorities of the Council of Europe that aims to foster the democratic process and respect of human rights in the Western Balkans. LDA Mostar works to support the local democracy and respect of human rights in Mostar area consistently applying the method of decentralized multilateral cooperation. Since the establishment, our primary goal is the promotion of local initiatives focusing on active civil society, transparent and accountable public authorities and exchange of best practices through development cooperation, good governance and sustainable local development. Working in the city of Mostar with post-conflict society, makes our core mission to create stronger links among citizens of different ethnic background even more important. LDA Mostar is consistently
engaging the local community members in public policy process, reaching out to society as a whole including marginalized groups in grass-root initiatives and encouraging civic activism and increased public participation in policy-making. We are proud to have been able to develop a wide range of training methods and user- friendly tools to empower citizens for participation and to promote good
About the role
LDA Mostar is seeking for a professional to prepare, coordinate and develop Grant scheme documentation, calls for proposals, application procedures/instruments, provide project development educational sessions for the beneficiaries, mentoring sessions, assessment processes and monitoring and evaluation tools for the delivered grants. With guidance and supervision of the Director and Project Manager, the Grant Officer will be responsible for the overall coordination of proposal development, Grant scheme management and reporting within LDA Mostar project grants’ scheme, ensuring that grant recipients meet the criteria of organizational regulatory framework. S/he will be responsible for the grant scheme in mentoring, developing quality reporting and proposal products, and ensuring information sharing and archiving to facilitate capturing of lessons learned, and instigation of feedback loops to continually build on and improve program implementation, using the evaluation and monitoring tools. The Grant Officer reports directly to the Director and Project Manager. The position is based in Mostar with possible travels within Bosnia and Herzegovina.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Lead the pre-award planning, draft and develop grant guidelines, organize, conceptualize and design the public calls, proposal evaluation and the post-award administration of various grants within the project scope with support of Project Manager.
- Capacity building and networking for the sub-grantees: prepare training tools and implement the trainings to provide adequate education for the potential beneficiaries in project writing.
- Perform info sessions on public calls.
- Provide advisory support to grant recipients with finalization of project descriptions, action plans and budgets before signing grant agreements.
- Conduct pre-award audits of potential beneficiaries, in addition to audits during implementation and at close-out, as relevant.
- Establish effective communication and cooperation with grants recipients and ensure timely information flow through mentorship process.
- Act as quality assurance for collection, compilation, review, quality control and editing of both quantitative and qualitative reporting.
- Maintain and archive accurate and timely records (activity reports, receipts/invoices, means of verification, etc.) of all grant recipients’ activities.
- Ensure that all reports are in-line with relevant donor and LDA Mostar requirements in terms of structure and content, with regards to mainstreaming issues, including protection, gender, do no harm and conflict sensitivity.
- Ensure that relevant staff are provided with timely information and materials – including guidelines, templates and samples – in order to develop quality reporting contributions.
- Maintain an internal tracking database of internal reporting timelines and coordinate with grantees.
- Identify and share best practices of implementation and management of grants.
- Prepare monthly reports on the status and results of project implementation.
- Prepare the Final Report on the results of awarded grants.
- Support the Director and Project Manager in their communication and liaison with the donor and in other external communication and liaison; as well as in follow-up of queries, information requests, informal reporting and progress updates.
Suitable candidates for this position should meet the following criteria:
- Minimum 3 years of experience in the same or similar position.
- Excellent communication skills, including fluent spoken and written English; B/H/S required.
- Overall training skills in working with diverse groups of participants in the frame of civil society organizations;
- Experience in working on development and implementation of grant scheme (experience within NGO will be a strong advantage).
- Ability to build strong relationships with implementing partners.
- Well-developed organizational, critical analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to proactively address potential issues.
- Experience of working in complex and multicultural contexts.
- Excellent usage of computers and office software packages.
LDA Mostar offers:
- Working environment in a well-established and growing civil society organization
- Salary and benefits (gross salary approx. 2.900.00 BAM) following the legislation of Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Minimum 20 days of paid leave annually
- E-learning courses, webinars, training possibilities
If you are interested in this position, send us your CV and short Cover letter in English to the following e-mail address: email@example.com.
Please note, only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for the Interview.
The vacancy will be closed on the 2nd of October 2022.
Deadline has been extended till 8th of October 2022.