Since its establishment in November 2004, Local Democracy Agency Mostar acts as a locally registered non-profit, nongovernmental organization, with the support of its partners and co-operation with other Agencies and the Association of Local Democracy Agencies (ALDA). It is precisely this co-operation, both on local and regional level that has enabled numerous activities and projects useful for the development of the local community and its inclusion into processes at the regional level. Activities of LDA Mostar, which aim to create a more active citizenry on one side, and transparent and accountable local authorities on the other, are focused towards development of a modern democratic society. These activities entangle every segment of life of the local community and offer a possibility of improving the living standard of all categories of the society by directly influencing concrete changes.
The Local Democracy Agencies have been established in the Western Balkans at the initiative of the Congress of the Council of Europe since 1992, as a support program to strengthen local democracy, foster respect for human rights and further sustainable development. Today there are 15 active Local Democracy Agencies based in Western Balkans, South Caucasus and North Africa coordinated by ALDA, on top of 3 LDAs – Operational partners, based in Croatia.
The agencies function as self-sustaining, locally registered NGOs, but they are different from other local NGOs because of the international framework they operate in. Indeed, the LDAs develop partnerships with local authorities and NGOs from all over Europe giving to the whole network direct access to an international framework through the support of ALDA, the Council of Europe and the European Union.
For more please consult our web page: https://www.ldamostar.org/en/
As we continue to grow and to expand our work and organization, we are looking for a project manager for the implementation and development of Erasmus+ projects, mainly KA2 and Capacity Building.
Responsibilities and areas of work
- Management, Coordination and Monitoring of the implementation of the projects under Erasmus+, mainly KA2 and Capacity Building;
- Handle the logistics and all procedures of the projects;
- Managing and implementing the project budget and to contribute to financial reporting;
- Coordinate and organise meetings, conferences, trainings and other project-related events, and prepare the necessary materials, including reports, presentations, agendas and minutes;
- Act as a liaison between project coordinators and other people involved in the projects;
- Contribute to the dissemination efforts, for example by identifying relevant practices and drafting web articles;
- Contribute to new project proposals preparation (financial and descriptive proposal-writing, coordination with potential partners, etc.);
- Ability to draft and/or coordinate the development of intellectual outputs.
Profile of the candidates
A team player that is able to work within a multicultural environment. Must be flexible and able to stick to tight deadlines. Can expect occasional travel to some events related to the project.
- BiH nationality;
- Minimum of two years of experience in the management of Erasmus+ KA2 projects;
- A degree and/or experience within the areas of project management and administration;
- A degree and/or experience in the scope of work of our organization (see our website for more information)
- Experience in event management;
- An excellent command of English and B/H/S (spoken and written);
- Good communication skills – written and verbal;
- Good ICT skills (MS Office, MS project, Google Drive, etc.);
- Advanced skills in Excel;
- Good planning skills and ability to respect deadlines;
- Coordination and team communication skills;
- Strong organisational skills and flexibility;
- Ability to self-motivate, create own schedule, and work individually;
- Happy to work as a member of a team;
Terms and conditions
- One year full-time (40 hours a week). Possibility of extension in accordance to performance and available projects
- The successful applicants should start ideally as soon as possible
- Office is in Mostar (mix between work at home and at the office plus presence in different project activities such as often travels to the events, workshops and meetings will be required)
How to apply
Please send a CV, including 2 references, and a motivation letter in English highlighting your experience and training related with Erasmus+ projects, as well as in the fields related to LDA Mostar scope of work. Send all documents to the email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The application subject to use for the email subject is: “E+ project manager application“.
Recruitment Procedure and Information for applicants
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed in person or via Skype.
- The procedure consists of an interview in English in verbal and written form
- The selected candidate will be asked to start as soon as possible and no later than February 21th 2022.
- Closing date: February 7th 2022.